g.hale2

Can you isolate a slot for easier boning if the slot is behind another slot for example?

I am having to turn all the slots off for my character besides for 1 so I can bone that 1 slot (because it is behind another slot). Is there an easier way?

Thank you!
g.hale2
  • 記事: 19

Erika

Hi, with the create tool selected, choose a parent bone by clicking on it, then hold control while clicking on one (or more) images. This will make their outline visible, easing greatly the positioning of the bone. It will also name the bone after the slot and parent the slot to the newly created bone, speeding up the rig creation.
アバター
Erika

Erikari
  • 記事: 2412

g.hale2

Erikari さんが書きました:Hi, with the create tool selected, choose a parent bone by clicking on it, then hold control while clicking on one (or more) images. This will make their outline visible, easing greatly the positioning of the bone. It will also name the bone after the slot and parent the slot to the newly created bone, speeding up the rig creation.
I did everything of what you said, but the image's outline doesn't appear. One thing I don't understand is why do you need a parent bone in order to see the outline of an image?
g.hale2

Erika

Your original question was about how to isolate an attachment/slot for boning, I assume by boning you mean bone creation, therefore what you need is to select the Create tool.

You can read more about it here in the user guide:
Tools - Spine User Guide: Create Tool

You can also see this in action in this video at 6:34 :
Spine User Guide - Tools (2/2) - YouTube

You need a parent bone because you are creating a new bone, which requires to always specify which bone is its parent first. Next you are allowed to choose one or more images, and when you hold Ctrl and clock on one, the image is outlined, which makes creating the bone easier because you can see the silhouette no matter what is covering the image.

I hope this is a bit clearer :D

You can also deactivate a bone and all of its children visibility by right-clicking a bone's visibility dot in the tree. This can also greatly speed up clearing or restoring the area around an attachment.
アバター
Erika

Erikari
  • 記事: 2412

g.hale2

Ohhh okay. I understand now. I was confused because at first I clicked create and then held ctrl, and then clicked on a slot or attachment in the list, and it wouldn't work for me. But pressing the create and holding down ctrl and then clicking on the actual character and not the slot/attachments in list does work.

I am testing it out right now, and I never knew you could select multiple parts of the character and then bone, and the parts would be inside the bone. That is a lot faster way to add slots to a bone that I never knew about! Jeez!

Thanks for the help!
g.hale2

Return to Editor