Wedrownik

Hello

I am looking for a cheap laptop for the Spine, which will be useful for some small projects during the travel.
All I need is to run Spine, unity and make some small things.

During my research, I met a problem, that cheap laptops have integrated graphics cards which don't support open GL 2.0 what makes problem for Spine.
I thought that maybe someone of you is using any cheap laptop which runs the spine.

What do you think about LENOVO ThinkPad T430 with Intel HD Graphics 4000 ?

Cheers!
アバター
Wedrownik
  • 記事: 140

Nate

Sorry, I don't have a laptop suggestion. I just wanted to say OpenGL 2.0 was released 15+ years ago: September 7, 2004. That is a very long time in the computer world and really should be supported everywhere by now. I'm surprised you found even a very cheap laptop that can't run Spine. Maybe it didn't have the latest drivers?
アバター
Nate

Nate
  • 記事: 9486

Wedrownik

I borrowed a laptop with the Intel 965 express chipset family graphic card but nowhere can find any drivers. Installed some basic which I found but Spine still shows me the error about chipset.
アバター
Wedrownik

Nate

The Intel 965 express has a GMA X3100 IGPU which does support OpenGL 2.0, but you're right it's difficult to find drivers. Intel seems to have abandoned it. Windows update might have something, but I guess you tried that. I wouldn't trust 3rd party sites, but I found this from Dell:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=jkxkc&lwp=rt
アバター
Nate

Nate
  • 記事: 9486

Wedrownik

Thanks for your help. I think that I tested that driver and received an error because of compatibility. Its for Win7 and I have Win10 there but for sure I ll check it.

I ordered Lenovo x240 with Intel HD Graphics 4400. As I read, it shouldnt have problems with OpenGL 2.0 and should be able to run Spine.
アバター
Wedrownik

Return to Off-topic