IndieDoroid

Hi guys

Unity editor has been terrible for me lately. I'm running out of ideas on what is causing it. It takes forever to play the game.

I want and try to reinstall Spine's runtimes.
Screenshot 2021-04-28 220238.jpg

What is the best way to ensure the runtime is 100% removed before reinstalling?

Thanks!
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
アバター
IndieDoroid
  • 記事: 233

Harald

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles! I noticed similar behaviour in recent Unity versions when attaching the Visual Studio debugger to a paused game, but not when attaching the debugger before pressing the play button and pressing play afterwards. Admittedly, I suspected a problem on Unity's side and didn't yet investigate where exactly it originates from, as it finishes after about a minute and only occurred when attaching the debugger.

Did you attach the Visual Studio debugger, or did you just press play?
IndieDoroid さんが書きました:What is the best way to ensure the runtime is 100% removed before reinstalling?
You just need to move the Spine (and Spine Examples) directory outside the Assets directory, this removes the core spine-unity runtime.
For UPM packages (Spine URP Shaders, Timeline), you need to use the Unity Package Manager as usual and remove the spine-unity UPM packages using via the menu.

Please let us know if you gain any insights into what caused the issue, and whether removing the spine-unity runtime changes anything.
アバター
Harald

Harri
  • 記事: 3479

IndieDoroid

Hi Harald,

Update:
I noticed the one scene that keeps crashing ... has a bloated file size. No idea how the editor kept adding data to it.. it's just an empty scene. But that was causing the editor to crash... :bigeye: :bigeye:
1.jpg

Update End

Ok, I'll try removing those folders. The ones in this image are all I need to remove , right?
NewCanvas1.jpg

This was what the crash log spat out. I'm wondering if Unity's Shader Compiler is causing issues with Spine's? Just a guess :think:

Thanks!
Launched and connected shader compiler UnityShaderCompiler.exe after 0.04 seconds
Launched and connected shader compiler UnityShaderCompiler.exe after 0.04 seconds
Setting up 8 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread -> id: 2ebc -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 82c -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 4388 -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 380c -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 1dbc -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 3c58 -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 3264 -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 3414 -> priority: 1
Stacktrace:

=================================================================
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

Received signal SIGSEGV
Stack trace:
0x00007ff6ea1b1011 (Unity) tlsf_memalign
0x00007ff6e6ad7f27 (Unity) DynamicHeapAllocator::Allocate
0x00007ff6e6accea4 (Unity) DualThreadAllocator<DynamicHeapAllocator>::Allocate
0x00007ff6e6ab4525 (Unity) MemoryManager::Allocate
0x00007ff6e6ac990c (Unity) malloc_internal
0x00007ff6e7663487 (Unity) dynamic_array_detail::dynamic_array_data::resize_buffer
0x00007ff6e66b3bd8 (Unity) dynamic_array<RegisteredImporter,0>::resize_buffer_nocheck
0x00007ff6e8d7d5b2 (Unity) dynamic_array<UndoPropertyModification,0>::assign
0x00007ff6e8d73d0c (Unity) PropertyDiffUndoRecorder::Flush
0x00007ff6e86d3800 (Unity) Application::TickTimer
0x00007ff6e9040e41 (Unity) MainMessageLoop
0x00007ff6e9044e81 (Unity) WinMain
0x00007ff6eaec2a36 (Unity) __scrt_common_main_seh
0x00007fffd27f7034 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007fffd3ac2651 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
アバター
IndieDoroid

Harald

Thanks for posting the additional information.

Regarding which files to delete:
There is usually no need to delete the .csproj project files, as they should be removed or no longer included in any build by Unity when the original assets (and e.g. the .asmdef file) have been removed. It does not hurt to delete them however, these will be re-generated if missing anyway.

The TimelineParticleControl-master directory is not related to Spine, so you might want to keep this one. Any spine-unity related packages contain spine in the directory name. The spine UPM extension packages all start with com.esotericsoftware, in case you have manually copied them into the package directory and not used the Unity PackageManager menu to install it.
IndieDoroid さんが書きました:Setting up 8 worker threads for Enlighten.
This is the last line before the stacktrace begins. You could check if you have accidentally enabled the lightmapper in your scene (unless you want pre-baked lighting / realtime GI).
アバター
Harald

Harri

IndieDoroid

Ok thanks for the confirmation. I re-installed everything after entering "safe mode" in the editor.

Unfortunately, it wasn't related to the issues I had. I finally figured out what was causing Unity to freeze \ crash. It ended up being with a corrupted .unity scene file.

Anyways I hope that's the end of it. Thanks for helping with troubleshooting theories :nerd:
アバター
IndieDoroid

Harald

Glad to hear that you've figured it out, thanks for getting back to us!
アバター
Harald

Harri

Return to Runtimes