phammanhthang87

Hi everyone,

We can use skin to make a new skin of a current character. However, what could I do to make skin for parts of the characters? For example, I would like to create the skins for the heads, bodies, legs, hands of several charactes. We can select these parts to customize the characters in the Spine viewport.
Please help me!

Thank you so much!
phammanhthang87
  • 記事: 9

Nate

Have you seen our mix-and-match example project? It is explained in detail here:
Mix and Match example

The Skins view can be used to show multiple skins at the same time in Spine:
Skins view - Spine User Guide
アバター
Nate

Nate
  • 記事: 9765

phammanhthang87

Thank you so much!

---

Hi Nate!
It me again. I have download the file and checked the instructions. However, I have tried many times and get stuck at this stage. Please check the image in this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JdExjHzzZtWHrQZS9ddMJ2sl3UKletvu/view?usp=sharing

I do not know how to create the skin icons (2) in the Skin Placeholder (1). Could you please show me how to create many of them?
phammanhthang87

Erika

Hello! Here's the user guide page that explains ho to do it:
Skins - Spine User Guide

First create a new skin in the skins node, then you create the skin placeholders inside the slots that you want and insert the attachments that should only appear when that skin is active in them.

You can create many of them at the same time if you filter the tree on attachments, select the attachments that need to be in the active skin, then in the properties panel click on New > Skin placeholder.
アバター
Erika

Erikari
  • 記事: 2512

phammanhthang87

Thank you so much for your fast reply!

I have tried to use your instruction to my project. It works if I have diferent paths for the images of each skin. However, If I want to add the image used in a skin to a new skin placeholder, I drag the image in the image's folder to the skin placeholder and it does not stand at the same position. For example, I have 2 skins for a character: Skin 0 and Skin 1. I want to create Skins for the gun0 and gun1 so that I can swap between them. Gun0's images and gun1's images are located in the Skin 0 and Skin 1. I Just drag the images of these guns to the right skin placeholders in Skin node "gun0" and "gun1" but the positions of them are not right, compared with the ones on Skin 0 and Skin 1. Could you please help me to solve this problem.

Please see the image attached for better understanding

PS: I am so sorry for the explanation. It is hard to understand, isn't it?
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
phammanhthang87

Erika

Hello,

Could you clarify what you mean when you write:
but the positions of them are not right, compared with the ones on Skin 0 and Skin 1
Is it the position in the hierarchy or does the position of the attachment in the viewport change when you switch skin?

I will assume the latter for now, in which case if you want to duplicate an attachment to be present in multiple skins, you can select the attachment that you want to duplicate, in the properties click on the duplicate button, drag it out of the current skin but under the same slot in case it is still inside (it shouldn't), activate the correct skin, then drag it under the skin placeholder.
アバター
Erika

Erikari

phammanhthang87

Hello Erikari,

Yes, thank you so much for the tip. You saved my life :D
By the way, I just want to create a skin for the gun (it is in the slot " AR_gun). However, in every slot, the skin icon always shows up. Is there anyway we can disable this icon in the slot that is not related to the the skin "gun". In this case, I just want the icon displays on the AR_gun.
If I create the skin "Head", This skin will show up on the slot "AR_gun" and every slot also. I just want it only to display on the Head Slot.
Please see the image.
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
phammanhthang87

Erika

Hello, it seems like you have Show all skin attachments active in the tree options:

アバター
Erika

Erikari

phammanhthang87

Thank you for your support! You have helped me alot. I wish you and your team a good day. :D

---

I would like to ask the last question. If we have 30 - 50 sets of skins (1 set including: helmet, gloves, pant, gun, torso, pant), will it be heavy for the mobile devices to process these items? (big images and atlas)
phammanhthang87

Erika

Hello, if you are worried about the size of your atlas, there are a series of optimizations that you can put in place in the editor, such as using polygonal packing to have smaller atlases, and at runtime, such as loading the atlas in the right size for mobile, loading the atlases only for the needed skins, and so on.

When considering how to optimize your skeletons for mobile in general, this page may help you regarding what aspects you may want to improve: Metrics - Spine User Guide

Generally, having that number of skins shouldn't be a huge problem, but it of course depends on what devices you are targeting, the runtimes you're using, as well as the level of detail of the art that determines how heavy an atlas could be. The topic is broad and I can help when it comes to editor optimization, I'll leave runtime questions to my colleagues :D
アバター
Erika

Erikari

phammanhthang87

Yes, Thank you so much again for your great help.
phammanhthang87

Return to Editor