object in front of mask 03

object in mask 01
object in mask 02
object in mask 03
THE CLIPPING MASK

object1 below mask 01
object1 below mask 02
object1 below mask 03

My problem is: I can't place the objects in front of the clipping mask. They stay inside, and I can't show them "in front of".
I want to clip all the other objects, just not this specific one.

Am I doing something wrong?

To illustrate: It's the black egg with an eye, and I want it to be able to appear, point at something like in this picture, and disappear behind the mask again.

Probeer het nog eens.png

---

For anyone wondering, for now, I went with the skankiest hack I could think of: I just duplicated the limbs I wanted to show "in front", constrained them to the original, and have both the clipped and the duplicates visible at the same time when appropriate.

I feel a little dirty. But hey. I had deadline ;)
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
アバター
nimbling
  • 記事: 177

Erika

nimbling さんが書きました: I can't place the objects in front of the clipping mask. They stay inside, and I can't show them "in front of".
I want to clip all the other objects, just not this specific one.
Hello! Your formulation is a bit unclear, so I will assume your draw order is red until it reaches the clipping slot.
As you may know, the clipping starts where its slot is placed, but its end can be set in the clipping properties:
Clipping - Spine User Guide: Clipping end
If you need a certain thing to only go out of it for a limited amount of frames, just change the draw order so that the slot is outside of the clipping area.

If this didn't answer your question, it would be very helpful to see a screenshot of the clipping properties and the draw order situation :)
アバター
Erika

Erikari
  • 記事: 2417

nimbling

SWEET! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR!
(ok, I'll stop yelling)

in that case: feature request ;) , could the end slot edit field maybe also show when selecting the clipping object in the draw order stack?
アバター
nimbling

Erika

We have this extremely convenient button to switch to the slot in the tree and show the properties for it:

Would it work for you?
アバター
Erika

Erikari
  • 記事: 2417

nimbling

Yes! It kinda works, but why not show this field:
Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 09.46.52.png

Straight away when I click this field here: (CLIPPER)
Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 09.48.05.png

?

I mean. I now know where to go looking (again, thanks:) ). But it seems like this could be an in place thing.
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
アバター
nimbling

Nate

The "end slot" is a property of the clipping attachment. It wouldn't make sense to show it under the slot's properties. Also a slot could be the end slot for many clipping attachments.

I agree we can improve in this area though. In the next version we'll show annotations on the right edge of the tree for the start and end slots:
アバター
Nate

Nate
  • 記事: 9653

nimbling

I'm so stoked for the next version! Yay! :)
アバター
nimbling

Return to Editor