mladenconcept

Is there a way to use Spine 2D animations/skeletons with Kotlin? And if so, what would be the best workflow for it?
mladenconcept
  • 記事: 4

Nate

Kotlin is a language, not a game toolkit, so your question is a bit vague. What platforms are you targeting? We have a runtime for libgdx, which is our free and open source game toolkit that targets desktop/Android/iOS/web (the Spine editor itself uses libgdx!), and you can use Kotlin with libgdx:
https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/wiki/Using-libGDX-with-Kotlin
The runtime is here:
spine-runtimes/spine-libgdx at 3.8
アバター
Nate

Nate
  • 記事: 9485

mladenconcept

Thank you for the answer, I am not a programmer so the reason why I am asking is that I have to supply the skeleton from Spine application to the developer who is developing the app in Kotlin for the Android device. So I just want to make sure that the JSON from the Spine can be used with that language because I didn't see runtimes on the site and as I said I am not the programmer and can't really figure out if it works or not.
mladenconcept

Nate

Ah, OK. Note that Kotlin can be used to build Android apps without a game toolkit. If the app is built using only the Android UI library, displaying Spine animations may be more difficult, depending on your needs. Your developer should evaluate Spine and see if it is a good fit or if it can be integrated into what they are building.
アバター
Nate

Nate

mladenconcept

Thanks again :) Does it mean if the app is built with the Android UI then libGDX can't be used?
mladenconcept

Nate

It can still be used, but it may be a pretty heavyweight solution.
アバター
Nate

Nate

mladenconcept

Hi Nate, I would like to ask a very noob question :) but I will first explain what exactly I'm trying to achieve.
We bought the Spine software and we need it to supply the client with interactive animation. The client is developing the app in Kotlin that will run on android.
My part of the job is to make animation play on the android device for a start, just as a proof of concept that it can be done.
So far I was able to generate a libGDX project from their "Libgdx project generator" and used it inside both IDEA and Android Studio, now I need to get the runtimes working :) and since I am not a developer I don't understand how this works, should I import somehow the folder structure from "spine-libgdx" downloaded from the Git?

So my question is if there are instructions step by step how to get any Spine Json playing in Java using libGDX? I don't need any complex implementation just the animation playing inside the empty app.
mladenconcept

Return to Runtimes