FogRyu

Hi there !

Can we find a multi thread 64 bit version of spine somewhere ?

Cauz the soft is stuck or laggy sometime and when i check the performance, it uses only one core and not all the RAM of the computer at all.

Thanks !
FogRyu
  • 記事: 52

Nate

There is not a 64-bit version of Spine available, sorry.

Spine is multi-threaded and already uses multiple threads where appropriate. Most of the processing simply doesn't lend itself well to multiple threads. However, Spine doesn't actually do an extreme amount of processing so it is unlikely that Spine is laggy due to CPU usage. It is more likely that other software is slowing down your computer.

Spine does not need to use lots of RAM. Also, doing so would not generally fix a slowdown.
アバター
Nate

Nate
  • 記事: 9471

FogRyu

Thanks for your answer.

So, it's not others softwares, we checked it. The problem i have is when i do animation with a lot of objects (Bones/images, etc), if i try to hide them for example, the soft freeze and when i check the perfs it use only one core at 100%, and we have to kill the Spine app cauz even if we wait 5 minutes nothing happen.

When i say a lot of objects is like 200 small ones (arround 16x16 pixels). But, that's also happen when i try to hide or move like 30 of them.

I think maybe i reached the limit of the software because, in this file i tests different stuff for work, so i duplicate skeletons when i want to try something else, and even if i don't use those skeletons, i wonder if the fact that they are in the file is enough to make the software laggy ?

Even if it's only 8-10 skeleton, maybe that a reason ?
FogRyu

Nate

Most projects don't have even 8-10 skeletons. We regularly do performance improvements as bottlenecks are encountered. It would be most helpful if you could email the projects that are slow, and also give us a list of steps so we can take the same actions that you see are being slow. Especially if it is hanging and needs to be killed manually. contact@esotericsoftware.com
アバター
Nate

Nate

FogRyu

ok thanks !

We'll send something if that happen again. :)
FogRyu

booksmaster

Hello! Please help! I need 64 bit Spine too! When I try to edit animations with 500-1000 elements the Spine becomes so much laggy!!! And when I try to export in crashes when the RAM it takes goes above 1-1.5 Gb.
booksmaster
  • 記事: 2

Nate

64-bit support will be in the next major release! It will still be some time though.

Note that 64-bit support increases the amount of memory Spine has access to, but won't make things less laggy. 500-1000 attachments should not be laggy, depending mostly on the graphics hardware and, to a lesser extent, the CPU. Not every attachment has an is equal impact though. Eg clipping attachments can require a lot of CPU if you are clipping an enormous number of triangles (eg meshes with many vertices). Also if you enable ghosting Spine has to draw the entire skeleton multiple times. Depending on the ghosting settings this can require Spine to do 10x the work or more.
アバター
Nate

Nate

booksmaster

Nate さんが書きました:64-bit support will be in the next major release! It will still be some time though.

Note that 64-bit support increases the amount of memory Spine has access to, but won't make things less laggy. 500-1000 attachments should not be laggy, depending mostly on the graphics hardware and, to a lesser extent, the CPU. Not every attachment has an is equal impact though. Eg clipping attachments can require a lot of CPU if you are clipping an enormous number of triangles (eg meshes with many vertices). Also if you enable ghosting Spine has to draw the entire skeleton multiple times. Depending on the ghosting settings this can require Spine to do 10x the work or more.
Thanks for the fats reply!
I use Intel i5 4590 CPU with embedded graphics(no external GPU card). The lags appear on the setup stage when I try to attach images to a root bone. I can't test further coz it crashes after consumpting about 1-1.5 Gb of RAM. Could it be somehow connected with using photoshop to create json file for positioning parts? P.S. All smaller animations work perfect.
booksmaster
  • 記事: 2

Mario

Can you send us your spine.log file? You can find it in these locations:

Windows: <user home folder>\Spine\spine.log
Mac: <user home folder>/Library/Application Support/Spine/spine.log
Linux: <user home folder>/.spine/spine.log

How big are the images you are trying to add to the skeleton?
アバター
Mario

Mario
  • 記事: 2229

Return to Runtimes