fdg89k

Hi, I have a strange behavior when using "Import into an existing skeleton".

1. Create some bones with ik.
spine-import-test__original.spine

2. Run export in JSON format.
skeleton__original.json

3. Open exported file and duplicate all bones/constants/etc. Change names of the duplicated bones/constants/etc.
skeleton__result.json

4. Import file back to spine with "Import into an existing skeleton" option. Bones are placed in the wrong coordinates. IK constraints and animations are not imported at all.
spine-import-test__result.spine

Spine version: 3.8.79.

before-import.jpg

after-import.jpg
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
fdg89k
  • 記事: 5

Erika

Hello, importing into an existing skeleton is a feature added in 3.8 and when it was created it was meant to be used in combination with the Photoshop To Spine script to import new assets into an existing skeleton.
spine-scripts/photoshop at master · EsotericSoftware/spine-scripts

Because of this, if something is not doable in Photoshop, such as creating constraints, it is not supported when importing a json in the same skeleton.
Please note that duplicating constraints, or moving them across skeletons is generally not supported, but it is on our roadmap so it will be added in the future:

Duplicate constraints · #183 · EsotericSoftware/spine-editor
アバター
Erika

Erikari
  • 記事: 2410

fdg89k

I need several copies of a specific bone in the same state as the original bone. If I change the original bone, I want these changes to be in the copy as well. I found very annoying to synchronize states of the copies manually and decided to automate it. Then I tried "Import into an existing skeleton" option and you know what happened next.

You say that this option is only for photoshop. I just imported the modified JSON into a new skeleton/project and everything works as it should. Ok.
fdg89k
  • 記事: 5

Erika

Well, I didn’t say it is “only for Photoshop” but that it was created with a certain workflow in mind, so if it actually works beyond that, it’s Nate’s wonderful doing that went beyond the original scope :D glad to hear you managed to make it work!
アバター
Erika

Erikari
  • 記事: 2410

Return to Editor