abuki

Hi,

When importing and keyframing audio events with 24bit wav files, the editor tells: "Some audio file could not be loaded."

I am attaching the same wav in 16bit and 24bit format as example. The 16bit format is working, the 24bit is not.
Are you planning support for 24bit format?

Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 15.09.00.png
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
アバター
abuki
  • 記事: 36

Nate

Sorry, for various reasons Spine is limited to reading WAVs with 16 bits per sample. Internally Spine is using 16 bits and video export is also 16 bits, so to support 24 bits it would need to down sample. We could do that in the future, but for now we only accept 16 bit WAVs.

If you are using the Spine Runtimes, note you can use 16 bit WAVs in Spine and completely different audio files (24 bit WAV, or even a different format) at runtime, since it is up to you to respond to the audio event to trigger playback.

While likely you are already familiar with audio tools, FWIW I have found sox to be a great tool for converting audio. Eg, to convert 24 bit WAV to 16 bit:
sox the24bit.wav -b16 the16bit.wav
アバター
Nate

Nate
  • 記事: 9642

abuki

Thank you for the response. Well I know we can use different files, but it slightly complicates the workflow (adding the conversion step).

Adding the 24-bit WAV support would definitely come handy to us. Looking forward to adding support to it!

---

Hello again, is there any possibility you will push this feature into a roadmap?
It would help a lot with our sound workflow.

Thanks!

---

Automatic downsampling would be great. With the current workflow, the audio guy needs to maintain two separate sound files while working on them, which in most cases ends, he is doing it blindly, which is not an ideal solution.
アバター
abuki
  • 記事: 36

Harald

In case you don't already know, please note that SoX is a command line tool that provides for efficient scripting setup. You could write a script that searches directories for any WAV files in it and automatically generates one with _16bit suffix for you, or place it in a subdirectory named generated_dont_edit. This could keep the effort minimal and prevent any confusion which file your audio guys should work on.
アバター
Harald

Harri
  • 記事: 1703

Return to Editor