ara

Here is the situation:
We have two skeletons one for body, another one for head only.
We split them so that we could have more controllability and combinations.
[such as 90degree body with 45degree head]

In unity we could connect them by script on neck slot's position.
however we couldn't find a proper way to preview the combined result in spine editor
while animating body & head animations in the meantime.
Especially when the neck's position is moved in body animation.
Is it possible to make a public constraint which pins all heads on body's neck?

We had thought about using skin bones for different angles' heads.
But we all know we can't key a skin's change in an animation.

Is there any related editor feature in consideration?
Or we missed anther better way never thought before?
Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks! :)
アバター
ara
  • 記事: 50

warmanw

For just changing head transform I would not suggest to separate it into a new skeleton.. you could just get the head bone and manipulate its transform however you need. IF you think that the values may interfere with animation values itself. just create a new bone under the head, set values to 0. and control that from code. Note that no keys should be set for that bone.(so you will have a combination of 2, animate head how you wish in same skeleton, and control it from code)

However there was a game that we were forced to separate head as you did, since we were adding totally new heads randomly.
In unity there is a BoneFollower script within the Spine package, check it

But you can't make skeleton to follow a bone of a different skeleton in Spine editor.. there are no ways to achieve that even with constraints. I maybe I dont know.
アバター
warmanw

Kickstarter Backer
  • 記事: 152

ara

Thanks warmanw! :D
warmanw さんが書きました:For just changing head transform I would not suggest to separate it into a new skeleton.. you could just get the head bone and manipulate its transform however you need. IF you think that the values may interfere with animation values itself. just create a new bone under the head, set values to 0. and control that from code. Note that no keys should be set for that bone.(so you will have a combination of 2, animate head how you wish in same skeleton, and control it from code)However there was a game that we were forced to separate head as you did, since we were adding totally new heads randomly.
Do you mean manipulating a face control bone via code?
I had seen something similar like one bone affect the whole face in Erikari's tutorial.
This's certainly a neat way, and it will always work no matter we have single skeleton or more.
In unity there is a BoneFollower script within the Spine package, check it
Yes we are already taking advantages of this component in unity,
But you can't make skeleton to follow a bone of a different skeleton in Spine editor.. there are no ways to achieve that even with constraints. I maybe I dont know.
That's the problem. Imagine that we have a head-turn-around animation and body-jump animation.
We want preview the final result as if the two skeletons are pinned together, for some fine-tuning.
アバター
ara
  • 記事: 50

Erika

I think warmanw means something more like having multiple animations in the same skeleton where the head is looking in a certain direction for each, so that you can play both at the same time and get the versatility of recombining the different angles at runtime. (or in the editor using the preview view)
Preview - Spine User Guide

What's important to make this work is that you only set keys for the body in the body animations, and only for the head in the head animations.
アバター
Erika

Erikari
  • 記事: 2412

warmanw

ara さんが書きました:Do you mean manipulating a face control bone via code?
I mean to have 2 bones for head. one is only for animation and second for controlling the head from code. that 3d face control is totally different story.. 2 bones at same position.

Erikas version is also acceptable.
アバター
warmanw

Kickstarter Backer
  • 記事: 152

Return to Editor