Astha

Good day everyone,
we trying to create a 2.5D Game in Unreal Engine 4.25.4 with spine (exported with 3.8.84 ).
The problem is, when we flip our spine-character (set scale x) the actor rotates, but the actor surface reacts to light that's on the other side (behind him)...
We also tried to use flipped animations (directly flipped in spine editor), but it's the same problem.
For example see attached picture.
Is there a way that the spine renderer reacts on all two sides correctly?
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
Astha
  • 記事: 2

Mario

Are you using the C++/Blueprint functions we provide on the Skeleton component, or are you flipping the character by setting the x scale on the actor itself?
アバター
Mario

Mario
  • 記事: 2968

Astha

Hello,
no we use the provided Blueprint-Function Set Scale X, since Set Flip X is non existent.

---

Do you have any solutions?
Is this working at all?
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
Astha
  • 記事: 2

Mario

Sorry, I haven't found the time to look into it yet. We are hard at work getting the 4.0 Spine Runtimes ready. I'll try to get to it by Monday next week. Any fix should likely not affect your code or blueprints, so you can simply update the Spine Runtimes and lighting will work as intended.
アバター
Mario

Mario

Caro

Hi!
I have the same problem, and it's a huge blocker for our work on a prototype, happy to hear it might get solved.
Any chance you already know how long this will take to fix?
Caro
  • 記事: 8

Mario

I'm currently 100% focusing on porting the 4.0 runtimes for our 4.0 release. I'm afraid this has priority. I can't give an estimate how long it will take I'm afraid.
アバター
Mario

Mario

Caro

Hi there,
are there any updates concerning this 2 months later? :)
Caro

Harald

Very sorry to say that unfortunately Mario is still kept very busy with lots of work on 4.0. I will do my best to take over some of the ue4 work that has unfortunately been delayed. I will get back to you as soon as we have a solution to offer.

---

A bugfix has just been committed to the 3.8 branch, you can now pull the latest changes.
Sorry again for the very long delay! Thanks for reporting.

Issue ticket URL for later reference:
https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/spine-runtimes/issues/1830
アバター
Harald

Harri
  • 記事: 3914

Caro

Woah thank you so much!
Caro

Harald

You're welcome, thanks for reporting!