lampshade

I'm developing a game for iOS in Xamarin Studio. I'm not using Monogame, but I want to use Spine. Is it possible to use Spine in Xamarin Studio without Monogame? If so, how would I go about this?

If I bring the Monogame runtime into my project, I can't build because it requires Monogame to be in the project.

If I bring in the generic C# Runtime, it's framework is incompatible. spine-csharp (Incompatible target framework: .NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client)

Do I have to bring Monogame into my project in order to use this, or is there another way?

Thanks
lampshade
  • 記事: 3

Nate

Copy and paste the spine-csharp source files into your project, or into a new Xamarin project. It's just C#, shouldn't be a problem.
アバター
Nate

Nate
  • 記事: 9730

lampshade

Thanks Nate! How do I set up the TextureLoader?

TextureLoader textureLoader = ...
Atlas atlas = new Atlas("Spine/spineboy/spineboy.atlas", textureLoader);

Referencing your Using Runtimes documentation, I don't quiet follow this part. "Some runtimes use a game toolkit specific texture atlas. Other runtimes have their own texture atlas implementation called Atlas".

I'm trying to follow your java coding workshop examples, but they are using batch and renderer. What's that translate to in C#?
lampshade

Pharan

The Java examples use libgdx to handle the graphics. It's not part of Java itself.

C# can't handle textures by itself any more than Java can by itself. That's what XNA/Monogame does.

If you want to go super low level, you'll need to look up how to communicate with OpenGL directly in .NET/Mono.
アバター
Pharan
  • 記事: 5366

lampshade

You've pointed me in the right direction. Thanks!
lampshade

Return to Runtimes