proxyerror

Hi!

I have encountered a weird issue in separate translate.

I have several pieces of animation, where the separate translate isn't ticked, but I get to retain my separate keys. Please see the screenshot attached here.

The mech_Upper_body bone doesn't have separate translates but I got my keys separated.

Snipaste_2021-09-09_15-55-23.png


Things happened before this:
I have a character driving a mech. The character also moves on its own. So I animate all the animations for the character first. Then I rig the mech and animated an idle animation for it in a different project. This idle animation has multiple bones on separate translate.

However as to fit the character inside the cockpit of the mech using draw order, I merge the mech skeleton and animation into the character's Spine project with 'import project'.

The idle animation worked fine and looks just like in the initial mech project. However, when I want to duplicate the keys in the timeline I was unable to do so. That is when I found out that somehow the separate translate option is off for this piece of animation.

The Spine is 4.0.28 and runs on windows 10.
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
アバター
proxyerror
  • 記事: 17

Nate

Bugs coming from use of Import Project (and Import Data) are difficult for us to track down, because often we only see the project with a problem, but without a clear reason as to how it got into that state. :( If you can provide the project before import and the project you are importing and describe the problem you have after importing, that would be amazing! I know this is a lot to ask, but we'd love to fix it and likely need that to do so. You can post project files (we don't need the images) here or send to: contact@esotericsoftware.com

If you only have the project file with the problem, sending that can be helpful too, if only because we need to update Spine to fix that problem when a project is loaded.

I tried using Import Project (both Skeleton and Animation options) to import an animation with and without separate translate, but it worked as expected.
アバター
Nate

Nate
  • 記事: 11351

proxyerror

Hi!

I am sorry but I think I cannot provide the original project due to NDA with my employer.

But I manage to recreate this issue using 2 test projects that are a simplified version of my original ones!

test01.png


So I have an original character spine project. With some test animations.
test02.png


Then I made a mech spine project. With a test animation that has separate translate on 2 of its bones.
test03.png


What I want to achieve is kind of like this: the character's main body stays between the front and the back of the mech, while its arms are in front of the mech.
test04.png

test05.png


The spine editor can only render draw order of one skeleton after another, and I don't want to change its draw order in runtime ( the original character rigs are way more complex and hard for programmer to control in runtime). So to merge the animation and mix its draw orders. I did the following steps:

1. First I make sure no bones or attachments have the same names(except for the root bone but I didn't touch it in any ways) between character spine project and mech spine project.

2. Then I use 'import project' inside the character spine project, choosing the mech spine project and selecting 'skeleton'

3. Then I get 2 skeletons in the character spine project. At this state I still cannot mix the draw order.

4. So I manually drag the collapsed main bone of the mech (mech_fullbody) under the root bone of the character. In this way I have the character and the mech rig under the same skeleton. However the animations cannot transfer in this way. So I simply delete what is left of the mech skeleton.
test06.png


5. Then I use 'import project' a second time inside this character spine project (with mech's rig already merged) , this time I choose 'animation' and pick the 'test_anim1_translate_seprate', which has translate keys on separate axis.

6. The import is successful and I got the animation which behaves like the original one in mech spine project. However the translate separate on bones(mech_fullbody and mech_hip0) is turned off while it has separate translate keys.
test07.png


The test projects are also attached here.

Thanks!
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
アバター
proxyerror
  • 記事: 17

Nate

Thanks for the detailed reproduction steps and the project files! It was very helpful. With your help we've fixed the problem in 4.0.31. Cheers! :beer:
アバター
Nate

Nate
  • 記事: 11351


Return to Editor