valtver

Hi,

I've experienced an editor performance issue at version 3.7.94 after upgrading launcher to 3.8.82.
Structure of project is like that:

Bone1->
bone2->
slot->90 attachments (frame-by-frame animation)
slot->90 attachments (frame-by-frame animation)

After 5th duplicate of this structure editor drops from 60 to 3-5 fps. (Setup mode. No attachments are active. Attachment size ~400x400px)

Thanks in advance! :)
添付ファイルを見るにはパーミッションが必要です
valtver
  • 記事: 5

Nate

Would it be possible for you to send the project file and images so we can see the problem? contact@esotericsoftware.com Spine is generally quite efficient and we have a wide variety of large projects that run well, so it would be very helpful to see a project that has a performance issue.
アバター
Nate

Nate
  • 記事: 9653

valtver

Hi,

Thanks for reply!
Agree, I had never had performance impacts with 25k+ attachments in editor and launcher update is the only clue for me, as I use fixed spine version for a long time.

If you will be able to reproduce that - one more thing I tested, that renaming half of files and splitting the attachments per slot twice (45pc + 45pc) lets me duplicate structure more times, facing this issue "a little later" :D

Files sent!

Thanks!
valtver

Nate

Thanks, that helps! It was quite an obscure problem with hashcode collisions causing suboptimal behavior. Fixing it was low risk, so we'll do another 3.8 release. It should also fix some rare out of memory problems!

Here's the fx_container bone duplicated 127 times (23,100 attachments!) and still hitting 60fps (on my computer at least):

Thanks for helping us find and fix this! :fiesta:
アバター
Nate

Nate

valtver

Niice!
Thanks for this! :)

Could you clarify the situation with newer releases updates for fixed spine version users like me?
Should the spine launcher be reinstalled then ?

Cheers!
valtver

Nate

The launcher will prompt, asking you if you want to update to the newer version. It is very rare that you need to reinstall, that is only for major updates (or recently, because of a certificate expiration). The launcher will also let you know if that is necessary.
アバター
Nate

Nate

valtver

Clear! Thanks!

---

Hi Nate,

I checked this issue is fixed for newer Spine release 3.8.85 but not on 3.794. Will it be solved on the core level?
I still need to stick to 3.7.94 and I'm wondering do I need to keep workarounds in mind to avoid this bug on this version?
valtver

Nate

I'm not sure what you mean by core level? We stopped doing 3.7 releases some time again and hopefully 3.8.85 is the last 3.8 release, so we can focus on the next versions. If you stay at 3.7, I'm afraid you'll have to suffer the issue.
アバター
Nate

Nate

valtver

Okay, got it.
The only thing I mean is that I had similar structure about year on 3.7 without any issues. And it's started after last launcher reinstalling half a month ago. I was assuming launcher having core changes around spine versions.
valtver

Nate

Oh, the launcher isn't involved at all. It's just bad luck. The problem can happen with any project, with as few as 40 or so items in the tree. However it is very rare, so most of the time it doesn't occur. Having 10,000+ items in the tree make it more likely, but still rare.
アバター
Nate

Nate

Return to Editor