g.hale2

I know you can color and change the transparency of a whole entire mesh. But it would be nice to also do this on separated parts of 1 mesh so these parts don't have to be separated in different slots.The separated parts would be separated by connected mesh nodes.

So if you have a shirt for example and you only wanted to change the color of the sleeves, you would then make the shirt a mesh and then separated the sleeves by connecting mesh nodes together, and then you would select all the nodes and change the color, which would only change the color of the sleeves.

Ideally, it would be nice to do this programmatically in all game engines.
g.hale2
  • 記事: 19

Erika

Hi, thanks for the suggestion! I think this is the issue that comes closer to your suggestion, so I'll link this thread there as well :D
Per-vertex colors · #175 · EsotericSoftware/spine-editor
アバター
Erika

Erikari
  • 記事: 2412

g.hale2

Erikari さんが書きました:Hi, thanks for the suggestion! I think this is the issue that comes closer to your suggestion, so I'll link this thread there as well :D
Per-vertex colors · #175 · EsotericSoftware/spine-editor
Yeah! I believe that issue is what I am talking about. :)

I hope it gets added in, because it would be very useful and is the only thing I see lacking with Spine.

It is inconvenient or just not possible to do this with multiple slots, and those slots being binded by weights.

(I am trying to do color customization where I can customize colors of outfits, but those outfits have multiple colors on them... (like the shirt would have multiple colors) so that means currently you would need to separate the shirt into a bunch of slots, but then when you go and add mesh weights.. the slots when you animate the character don't look correct.)

It would just be so much better if mesh vertex coloring was added. Thanks for reading. :)
g.hale2

Erika

You could also color the shirt in black and white then use tint black to customize two colors at the same time. Or duplicate the mesh and layer it on top with an image that has just some details visible.
アバター
Erika

Erikari
  • 記事: 2412

g.hale2

Erikari さんが書きました:You could also color the shirt in black and white then use tint black to customize two colors at the same time. Or duplicate the mesh and layer it on top with an image that has just some details visible.
I actually never knew about tint black and I never thought about duplicating the mesh either. I will give these a try, thanks!! :)
g.hale2

Return to Editor