Vadym

Hello. Feel that it would be nice to have history list to make undo and redo. Also it would be nice to see some info in history to see changes in details.
Vadym
  • 記事: 41

Erika

Hi Vadym, when you perform some complex actions such as adding bones to skins, these get recorded in the Spine log. You can undo and redo quite a number of actions, but can you describe in a bit more detail what you were expecting to be able to do?
アバター
Erika

Erikari
  • 記事: 2410

Abelius

Sorry to highjack the thread, but I'm also interested in this (and commented on it long ago).

I can't talk for Vadym, but in my case I'd be happy if the undo/redo functions were more "verbose". That is, in addition to press Ctrl+Z or Ctrl+Y, having also a menu option where you could read what the action is going to be undone or redone.

For example, this is how it works in Unity:

That would be useful when you want to make many undo operations. In those cases I usually feel lost, not knowing for sure where am I supposed to stop undoing actions up to the point I actually want.
アバター
Abelius
  • 記事: 148

Nate

Spine's undo system is very complex under the covers due to the things it needs to do to record and apply undo/redo states efficiently. Unfortunately it is difficult to name the states and show them in a list, as some software does. This was a trade off we made long ago for technical reasons. While we are very happy with how the system works, as it makes supporting undo/redo with new development is easy, unfortunately we would need to revise the system to name and show the states. We may visit that feature in the future, but I'm afraid we have other (big and amazing!) plans in the short term.
アバター
Nate

Nate
  • 記事: 9642

Return to Editor